Our self-contained, solar powered bush house is tucked away in a peaceful spot on the coastal plains below the visitor centre.
It has a sheltered veranda and outdoor fireplace where you can relax and listen to nature. With walks and wetlands and bird hides, it is a lovely venue from which to explore the unique plants and animals of the area.
For R675 per person including breakfast, our bush house sleeps up to 4 and offers:
- A central open plan lounge and kitchen / dining room
- Two bedrooms (each with 2 single beds, can be made in king-size beds) leading off the lounge with en-suite bathrooms.
- The lounge has an indoor fire place and the kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering.
- The indoor-outdoor bathrooms allow you to shower in a natural setting or gaze up at the stars from a warm bath. Each en-suite bathroom has a shower and a bath.
- A sleeper couch and additional mattresses can be provided for children under 12. The Bush house is a electricity-wise unit powered solely by its own solar-panels cum invertor. This fact has no influence on the level of comfort; not even in winter. There is however one compromise to be made as a result of the use of solar-power: hair-dryers swallow too much current and cannot be used. Hot water, burner and fridge is gas operated.
- Wi-Fi access is complimentary.